Wednesday 13 May 2009

Thank you, keyboard cat

I have a youtube cahnnel, which I put things I've made or been in on fairly infrequently. The videos normally get a fair bit of interest from my friends and family when I first put them up and they get a bit of passing trade from folk who are surfing around, but they mostly have no more than a couple of thousand views (mostly in the hundreds or tens). That is until I decided to have a go at making a 'Keyboard cat' video, suddenly I'm the 11th most viewed UK comedian on youtube (and rising) nearly 10,000 views in a few days. Wassalltdatabout? Eh? I'm far from the first person to make one of these and the clip I chose to make it with has been seen by everyone before. All I can say is 'God bless you Keyboard Cat' and bring on the next viral wave, so I can piggy back it. What will it be? Saxaphone doormouse? I hope so.
Here's my Keyboard cat by the way:



He hasn't directed any more traffic to my more carefully crafted proper videos though. The keyboard prick.

No comments: